Tuesday, September 2, 2014

9/3 Letter


Hello from the wet and raining Balkans- loving the balking life! The days keep on flying bye faster then ever here and I'm not sure how much i like it?




This Sunday was good! A typical Sunday here consists of two hours of church, Sacrament meeting and then Sunday School. All six missionaries come, as well as hopefully at least four members. Elder Fisher plays the piano, and I'm like the only one that sing. We either watch general conference, or missionaries speak, or a member speaks. I really like church here though. Last Sunday one of our less actives came back to church finally! Goran! He is a really cool guy. His favorite city is El Paso, Texas. We are not sure why? I mean we are just best friends now! Sister Rankin says it's because I  just exemplify Texas Pride?

This week we met with one of our awesome investigators Leila. It is SO hard to meet with her, but we always have great lessons with her. Leila lived in Salt Lake for 6 months or something. She just has tons of questions about the church. 

This week we are going to Sarajevo for my last zone conference! Oh joy! And we don't have a car, but whenever we need to travel we borrow the Davidson's car. We had a goodbye party for Viktorija on Monday. That was a lot of fun. I'm gonna miss that girl! We played a ton of games, (like the candy bar game) and in the midst of it all our awesome senior couple started dancing together. Gosh I just love the Davidsons. Then 3 other people, and the missionaries started dancing. (Kind of felt like I was back at a stake dance again.) I love the mission life.


Then we had a big volleyball games for our English class so that was way fun and then we went bowling with another English class student, these are our finding activities  and i love them. things are starting to pic up here which is so great! People over here don't hate the church anymore well not like they used to to that is great. We are becoming friends with a lot of people and now people are starting to asked about the church!  God's hand is in all things here!

I REALLY love living here and being a missionary. 

This is a favorite quote of mine from President Uchtdorf, "In light of what we know about our eternal destiny, is it any wonder that whenever we face the bitter endings of life, they seem unacceptable to us? There seems to be something inside of us that resists endings. Why is this? Because we are made of the stuff of eternity. We are eternal beings, children of the Almighty God, whose name is Endless and who promises eternal blessings without number. Endings are not our destiny. The more we learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ, the more we realize that endings here in mortality are not endings at all. They are merely interruptions—temporary pauses that one day will seem small compared to the eternal joy awaiting the faithful. How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father that in His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings."

AMEN! 


I love you all so much, and I am thankful for all you do to support me. Love. Love. love.

Then this lady we stopped on the street  took us out to lunch and we gave her a book of Mormon. She told us it was so nice to see happy people cause she is dealing with an alcoholic husband and she was just so happy we met her. She was the best.

 xoxox 


Texas Love! 
sestra  peterson
 
Oh here's a funny story:
My shoe broke when we were walking. I looked like a bull getting ready to attack, or looked like a bird with a broken foot, (we're not sure?) as i way trying to walk. Then then I walked into this market, which you will never see a Balkin with out shoes, I just looked like the crazy American! Haha! We finally found some shoes. 





  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment